L&D RN(Nights) $7,000 Sign on (certain restrictions may apply)
Provides direct patient care in the Labor and Delivery setting. Provides assessment and planning for individualized patient care. Communicates with physicians about changes in patient's clinical condition including: fetal monitoring and results of diagnostic studies. Responds quickly and accurately to changes in condition or response to treatment. Performs general nursing duties in all Maternal Child Health departments with adequate supervision. Participates in performance improvement activities. Provides service to age range from neonate to Adult. Additional functions applicable when acting as charge nurses: Authority to make patient care assignments based upon the skill, experience, and temperament of other nursing personnel and on the acuity of the patients, ensuring patient and staff safety, assist in evaluation of unit and agency staff. To responsibly direct and precept staff members as needed in all aspects of patient care and management. To participate I quality improvement during all phases from planning to implementing and sustaining efforts, including taking corrective action if other employees fail to carry out delegated duties.
· Current State of Texas Registered Nurse Licensure.
· One or more years of recent Labor and Delivery/Newborn Nursery experience preferred.
· Current BLS and fetal monitoring certification.
· Certification for Neonatal Resuscitation Program within six months after hire.
· Certification for STABLE Program within six months after hire.
· Able to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing.
· Additional languages preferred.
· Maintains basic computer knowledge.
· For physical demands of position, including vision, hearing, repetitive motion and environment, see following description.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position without compromising client care.