Maintenance Eng Lead
Sebastian River Medical Center (SRMC), a Steward Family Hospital, nationally-recognized facility located along Treasure Coast of Florida, offering high-quality care close to home. Housing over 150 beds, and fully-accredited by the Joint Commission, Sebastian River boasts over 100 affiliated physicians, over 650 nursing and ancillary staff, and nearly 200 volunteers. When patients are in need of acute hospital care, Sebastian River provides state-of-the-art technology, as well as comprehensive emergency services and award-winning surgical care.
Sebastian River Medical Center is committed to achieving the highest level of measurable quality and efficiency in the delivery of health care services that are responsive to the needs and values of our patients, physicians, employees, and visitors. Sebastian River Medical Center is currently undergoing a facility expansion by adding another 46 patient rooms and an Operating Room expansion in which we are excited to better serve our community.
To operate and maintain mechanical equipment, create a pleasant, comfortable and safe environment for patients, staff and public. Performance of duties and within the hospital safety program. Reports to Director of Plant Operations.
- Able to supervise the daily operations of the Plant Operations Department while assessing the overall functions to assure compliance with standards.
- Supervises staffing plans and personnel duties.
- Supervises the day-to-day service of work order system, preventative maintenance, makes sure staff has appropriate supplies, and equipment to assure adequate work flow of projects, equipment maintenance, and initiates the repair or replacement of equipment within the work order system as necessary.
- Supervises the daily performance of customer service to assure a uniform and
- Assists with completion and maintenance of all necessary records and inspections to
ensure compliance with state, federal, and Joint Commission regulations.
- Participates in the Performance Improvement program of the department.
Understands the importance of the departmental program in relation to the overall PI program.
7. Demonstrates competency skills required for position.
8. Customer Relations
- Cost Consciousness
Education: High School Diploma or equivalent preferred. Post high school specialized vocational training helpful.
Experience: Minimum of three years experience in a healthcare or similar maintenance environment required.
Management Experience Required: Excellent human relations and oral/written
communication skills. Supervisory experience preferred
- Flexible shifts
- Competitive salary
- Excellent differentials
- National certification and higher education pay
- Outstanding culture and employee satisfaction scores
- Full benefits (medical, dental, vision, 401k)
- Sick, vacation, and holiday time