Maintenance Mechanic plans and performs a variety of duties in the installation, maintenance and repairs of a variety of machinery and equipment.
- Perform preventative maintenance, inspect, install, repair and replace any hospital mechanical equipment, beds, wheel chairs, stretchers, door closers, door hinges, panic hardware, etc.
- Able to schedule with Dept. Mgr./Clinical Mgr. and/or work orders, the repairs of hospital equipment in a timely manner.
- Able to work from technical manuals, read blue prints.
- Proficient with the use of power and hand tools, including but not limited to: acetylene and oxygen torches, welding machines, drill press and table saws.
- Monitor and maintain hospital systems/utilities on a daily basis, such as water pressure gas, electric and medical gas supply levels entering the building is in agreement with hospital and regulatory guidelines; immediately report any deviations to Maintenance Director
- Monitor and maintain necessary levels of parts, supplies and in a timely manner, order parts for malfunctioning equipment, log repairs or parts ordered, correctly stating date, and signed, equipment to be serviced and recommended action to be taken
- Interface and assist with other mechanics and staff or outside vendors to insure timely and professional completion of tasks in accordance with all local codes and/or regulatory agencies
- Able to perform independent duty as a shift mechanic; this includes but is not limited to, performing basic and/or emergency repairs to mechanical, electrical and electronic equipment throughout the physical plant
- Subject to respond at any time to an emergency repair situation of equipment and/or fire, flood and power failure. In order to assist and maintain a functionally safe environment for all patients, staff and visitors
- Performs all other duties required and/or assigned by Maintenance Director or their designee
- Ability to lift heavy objects, such as pumps, motors, beds, stretchers chemical barrels, air conditioning chassis etc., also ability to work from heights with equipment such as ladders and or staging.
Candidate must have formal training and/or have been certified in hospital related equipment repairs.
Judgment required to make decisions involving procedures to be followed, making analysis (etc.)
Internal Posting 6/26/18-7/3/18
Job Status: Part Time
Job Reference #: I45136