Are you looking for an exciting, professional career with a company that treats each individual with dignity and respect? We take pride in our work and organization knowing that we each make a difference in the lives of our patients every day!
Steward Medical Group at Hawthorn Medical Associates is looking for a professional, dedicated Mammography Technologist to assist us in the treatment of patients. The successful candidate will:
- Operate Mammography equipment to obtain diagnostic images and in doing so, ensures the patient is properly prepared, obtains a relevant patient history and assures proper positioning.
- Perform all aspects of breast imaging including Mammography, Ultrasound assistance, cyst aspiration, core biopsies and the handling and routing of all breast specimens.
- Calculate and select proper technical factors allowing for the lowest permissible dose to produce the best quality film. Process film with accurate patient identification and appropriate markers.
- Explain the exam to the patient taking into consideration the physical and emotional needs of the patient while maintaining ethical standards, including but not limited to, patient confidentiality, professional conduct and patients physical privacy.
- Must be knowledgeable and able to work within the regulations mandated by the State of
Massachusetts in regards to Mammography, in addition to the MQSA and ACR regulations.
- Utilize aseptic sterile technique as necessary for any invasive procedures. Able to assist the Radiologist or Physician during any such procedures. Maintains all supplies needed for these procedures in a clean and organized manner.
- Maintain effective working relations and communication with departmental and other Hawthorn Medical personnel as well as various community interactions as appropriate to the position.
- Be knowledgeable in the operation of all equipment used during the workday, including imaging equipment, film processors and systems necessary to check appointments and patient reports.
- Execute paperwork as necessary for each patient exam, including but not limited to CPT codes and checking all Physician order sheets prior to the patient exam.
- Remain current on developments and trends in imaging techniques, procedures, and equipment.
- Graduate of an approved formal program in Radiologic Technology.
- ARRT Certification (Radiography)
- ARRT Certification (Mammography)
- Possess a valid Massachusetts License as a Radiologic Technologist (Radiography), (Mammography)
- CPR Certification