Mammography Tech - Full Time Days
Odessa Regional Medical Center was founded in 1975 as Odessa Women’s and Children’s Hospital. Through the years, the hospital grew and evolved into a full-service healthcare facility and the name was changed to Odessa Regional Medical Center to reflect its larger campus and more comprehensive services. The hospital has 225 beds and has approximately 250 physicians on staff and has over 700 employees.
Today, ORMC offers a wide spectrum of healthcare services, including advanced diagnostic imaging technology, emergency care, innovative surgical procedures, maternity care, comprehensive cardiac services and general medical care.
Performs diagnostic mammographic procedures and is responsible for patient safety protocols. Functions as the first line interface with patients in the successful accomplishment of their mammogram. Participates in Performance Improvement activities. Provides service to age range from adult to geriatric
- Graduation from an AMA approved school of Radiologic Technology.
- Certification by the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT) in radiography, mammography preferred.
- Current Texas Medical Board (TMB) license.
- Achieve Certification in Mammography through ARRT (M), within 18 months of hire to position.
- Cross-training into breast sonography.
- Two year radiology experience preferred.
- Current BLS certification with American Heart Association.
- Understanding of breast anatomy, positioning.
- Recommended Chest Pain and Stroke education.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position without compromising client care.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled