Manager of Emergency Services-Hospital, 20 HRs/Week, Day Shift, No Weekends, No Holidays
The EMS Manager is charged with managing and growing the day-to-day relationships with our EMS partners that transport into and out of Steward hospitals. The EMS manager will work closely with the Hospital's EMS Medical Director to support their role and responsibilities and to actively grow Affiliate services and manage other EMS business and relationships within Steward through formal contractual relationships. The EMS Manager will serve as a Liaison to the hospital's Executive Team on all matters involving EMS operations. The EMS Manager will actively work to improve collaboration, integration, and coordination with area EMS services.
• Serve as a liaison between the Hospital and area EMS agencies on issues related to EMS and hospital operations.
• Actively participate in internal and external meetings related to advancement of EMS service line.
• Manage and grow EMS Affiliations and ambulance transport volume to SEMC within the Hospital's service areas.
• Assist Hospital's EMS Medical Director with administrative functions:
• Affiliation Agreement management and coordination
• EMS Grand Rounds preparation and administrative oversight
• EMS Provider Credentialing
• EMS Care investigations
• EMS Medical Director/Service/Provider relationships and DPH reporting
o Coordinate EMS educational classes for area EMS providers
• Work with hospital emergency department leadership to assure proper data capture on EMS relevant metrics.
• Work with hospital emergency department leadership on issues related to EMS.
• Monitor EMS metrics/data for trends or issues.
• Coordinate and promote EMS recognition events (EMS Week, Hospital Week, etc.).
• Remain knowledgeable on local, state, and national EMS issues.
• Positively promote Steward's commitment to EMS in all of the above duties.
• Sit on and serve as active member of regional EMS committee and subcommittees.
• Meet quarterly as part of Steward EMS Enterprise
• Sit on and actively participate in Hospital's emergency preparedness committee and meetings related to Level 2 trauma designation project.
• Demonstrates respect and regard for the dignity of all patients, families, visitors, and fellow employees to ensure a professional, responsible, and courteous environment.
• Commits to recognize and respect cultural diversity for all customers (internal and external).
• Communicates effectively with internal and external customers with respect of differences in cultures, values, beliefs, and ages, utilizing interpreters as needed.
• Performs other duties as assigned
- Demonstrates respect and regard for the dignity of all patients, families, visitors, and fellow employees to ensure a professional, responsible, and courteous environment.
- Commits to recognize and respect cultural diversity for all customers (internal and external).
- Communicates effectively with internal and external customers with respect of differences in cultures, values, beliefs and ages, utilizing interpreters when needed.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
- Should possess a strong EMS knowledge base with a reputation for collaboration, innovation, and team building.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills are required. Must be capable of critical thinking skills to strengthen and grow business relationships.
I. Education: Should possess EMT, Paramedic, or other healthcare related certifications/licensure (NRP, RN, PA). BS in Management, Healthcare, or Administration preferred. Equivalent EMS management or healthcare experience will be considered.
II. Experience: 8 years of EMS and healthcare clinical experience. EMS or healthcare/hospital leadership experience preferred.
III. Certification/Licensure: Massachusetts EMT certification or other clinical certification/license
IV. Software/Hardware: Functional knowledge in MS Office applications as well as common EMS software applications.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled