Manager, Infection Control
Responsible for daily management of infection prevention and control activities, researching, coordinating, implementing and follow up activities related to hospital wide Infection Prevention and Control Program. Conducts continuous monitoring of both community and hospital associated infections. Collaborates with hospital medical staff, and other disciplines in the creation and implementation of infection prevention and control policies and procedures. Responsible for regulatory reporting to external agencies. Responsible for evaluating staff and participating in disciplinary action/performance improvement process for staff in the area of infection control. Supervises infection control nurse(s).
Major Responsibilities & Duties
- Assesses, analyses and collaborates with multiple disciplines in formal and informal problem solving settings, when related to Morton Hospital nosocomial infections and future prevention.
- Prepares accurate reports regarding nosocomial infections and sends them to the appropriate department as warranted.
3, Assumes management role of Joint Commission Infection Prevention and Control chapter leader and other Joint Commission standards as assigned.
- Supervise infection control nurse(s).
- Evaluates staff with respect to infection control issues and compliance.
- Participates in disciplinary process/performance improvement process for staff in connection with infection control issues.
- Obtains information on Morton Hospital patients with communicable diseases and refers that information to the Massachusetts Department of Public Health according to the standards established by state and federal law.
- Reviews Morton Hospital infection prevention and control policies annually and revises as appropriate. Drafts additional policies and procedures in the area of infection prevention and control, as necessary.
- Consults with departments, physicians, and Administration regarding infection control issues and advises accordingly.
- Reviews infection control data to identify clusters, or quality improvement opportunities to reduce infections.
- Recommends to Infection Control Committee practices and policies to assure compliance with regulating agencies and standards.
- Conducts epidemiological investigations to identify sources of infections or clusters/outbreaks.
- Provides periodic informational in-services addressing the current medical trends, needs or health concerns of Morton Hospital.
- Personally attends and participate in workshops, mandatory/voluntary inservices/competencies and unit meetings.
15, Works closely with Employee Health Services department in matters of infection control regarding employees, new standards, etc. Coordinates infection prevention and control practices and procedures with Morton Hospital employees.
- Works in conjunction with safety and emergency management staff as it relates to monitoring the environment of care and performing infection control risk assessments.
- Facilitates process improvement initiatives for health care acquired infection.
Possess the ability to enter and manage data, create reports and documentation.
- Possess knowledge of external regulatory requirements and excellent customer
- Makes recommendations with respect to budget issues associated with infection prevention and control.
- Other duties as assigned
1. Masters of Science Nursing (MSN or Bachelors Microbiology or Master of Public Health preferred
2. 2-5 years infection control and epidemiology experience in an acute care hospital environment preferred
3. CIC (Certified Infection Control) preferred
4. Previous leadership experience preferred