Manager of Acquisitions and Integration - Steward Medical Group
Steward Health Care System, LLC ("Steward") is a fully integrated, physician-led national health care services organization committed to providing the highest quality of care in the most cost-efficient manner in the communities where out patents live. Steward - the largest privately held health care company in the U.S. - owns and operations 35 community hospitals across nine states, serves over 1,000 distinct communities and employs approximately 40,000 health care professionals. In addition to our hospitals, the Steward provider network includes 4,800 providers, 25 urgent care centers, 87 preferred skilled nursing facilities, substantial behavioral health offerings, over 7,300 hospital beds under management, and approximately 1.5 million full risk covered lies through the company's managed care and health insurance services. The total number of paneled lives within Steward's integrated care network is projected to reach 3 million in 2018.
Steward Medical Group (SMG), Inc. is Steward's multi-specialty group practice with over 4,500 employees including over 1,800 physicians and advanced practitioners. SMG operates approximately 450 practice locations throughout Massachusetts, Southern New Hampshire, Rhode Island, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Ohio, Florida, Utah, Arizona, Texas, Louisiana and Arkansas, and provides more than 4 million patient encounters per year.
We are seeking a Manager of Acquisitions and Integration. Reporting to the Senior Vice President, Operations. This key individual will primarily lead the implementation and oversight of acquisitions and transition for Steward Medical Group (SMG). This role will works closely with the Chief Operating Officer, Vice President of Practice Management, Site Directors, IT Department Managers, Physician Relations Manager, Provider Enrollment Manager, Human Resources and Finance to ensure project completion and success. As part of the on-going process of acquisitions and transitions, incumbent will identify areas in need of process improvement and developing and managing implementation plans around such.
· In collaboration with Senior Leadership, will participate in negotiation of terms and structuring for SMG physician practice acquisitions and office moves.
· Oversees the day to day management of all assigned projects and responsible for ensuring timely and thorough completion, communication about barriers/solutions and resources needs. Makes process and/or organization structure suggestions for improvements and changes as needed.
· Recommends development of new policies and procedures in preparation of project implementation and works with appropriate business partners to incorporate changes or new items.
· Will lead operational task forces for speciifc areas identified for process improvement.
· Identifies and develops action plans for new process improvement projects.
· Develops, implements and enhances transition programs for newly acquired physician practices.
· Leads operational task forces and coordinates with operations, finance, human resources, provider enrollment, marketing, IT and revenue cycle team to ensure smooth transition of new practices/providers.
· Work collaboratively with Director of Physician Services to document and support as needed new hiring process.
· All other duties assigned
Job Reference #: 1806424