Manager, Revenue Performance Steward Medical Group
Steward Health CareSystem LLC ("Steward") is a fully integrated, physician-led nationalhealth care services organization committed to providing the highestquality of care in the most cost-efficient manner in the communities where outpatents live. Steward - the largest privately held health care company inthe U.S. - owns and operations 35 community hospitals across nine states,serves over 1,000 distinct communities and employs approximately 40,000 healthcare professionals. In addition to our hospitals, the Steward providernetwork includes 4,800 providers, 25 urgent care centers, 87 preferred skillednursing facilities, substantial behavioral health offerings, over 7,300hospital beds under management, and approximately 1.5 million full risk coveredlies through the company's managed care and healthinsurance services. The total number of paneled lives withinSteward's integrated care network is projected to reach 3 million in 2018.
StewardMedical Group (SMG), Inc. is Steward's multi-specialty group practice with over4,500 employees including over 1,800 physicians and advanced practitioners. SMGoperates approximately 450 practice locations throughout Massachusetts,Southern New Hampshire, Rhode Island, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Ohio, Florida,Utah, Arizona, Texas, Louisiana and Arkansas, and provides more than 4 millionpatient encounters per year.
The Manager, Revenue Performance isresponsible for overseeing the Revenue Performance function and team locatedwithin Utah, Arizona, Texas, Arkansas and Louisiana. Working closely with theDirector of Revenue Performance, the Manager of Revenue Performance will ensureRPMs are undertaking appropriate actions to identify and execute onopportunities to enhance and optimize revenue performance at SMGpractices. This position will provide leadershipand guidance by:
- Developing and maintaining relationshipswith Practice Directors to foster an open and collaborative workingenvironment.
- Mentoring and coaching RevenuePerformance Managers.
- In partnership with the Business Analyticsteam, identifying relevant KPIs and developing market and practice leveldashboards to support ongoing identification of trends, both positive andnegative, of revenue performance.
- Guiding RPMs through development ofmarket specific business plans and goals, including initiatives foroptimization and growth.
- Supporting RPM efforts to troubleshootand resolve day to day revenue cycle issues and questions with and for theirpractices.
- Demonstrate high level knowledge of SMGmarkets, including org charts, service lines, practice performance, challenges,and opportunities
- Develop and execute onboarding plan fornew hires.
- Develop and execute ongoing trainingand career development program for RPM team.
- Perform annual performance reviews,providing both qualitative and quantitative feedback.
- Partner with SMG Training &Development Manager to assess the training needs of RPM staff and SMG practicesand develop sustainable programs according to those needs.
- In conjunction with Director of RevenuePerformance, prepare and present monthly SMG leadership updates.
- Participate in field visits with RPMsto monitor performance and ensure understanding of market trends.
- Oversee/project manage Revenue Cycleinitiatives.
- Monitor production reports and provideguidance to RPMs and Directors based on statistics.
- Monitor activity between Practice Operationsand Revenue Cycle regarding responses to practice issues / concerns and ensureappropriate follow-through. Serve as additional escalation support as needed.
- Communicate highest priority issues andtrends to SMG Operations leadership; escalate on behalf of RPMs and RevenueCycle when needed.
- Asneeded, represent the Revenue Cycle department on work groups and/or task forces.