Mountain Vista Medical Center
Director of Marketing and Communications
Position Location: Mesa, Arizona
From the beginning, we’ve been fighting for a healthier world and a new era of wellness. Nearly a decade ago, we set out to build an entirely different kind of health care company from the ground up - one that unlocks access to affordable, high-quality and economically sustainable care and wellness in ways never before imagined.
Today, we are the largest private, physician-led health care network - caring for millions of people across the U.S. and beyond. Our transformative, fully integrated model represents a new beginning for America’s health care system and others around the world.
We are seeking a hands-on, results-driven Director of Marketing and Communications for Mountain Vista Medical Center in Mesa Arizona.
Mountain Vista Medical Center is a 178-bed, full-service hospital located north of the U.S. 60, at Crismon Road and Southern Avenue in Mesa. Designed to provide comprehensive health care services for residents of the East Valley, the hospital is accredited as a Primary Stroke Center, Chest Pain Center, a Level III Trauma Center and a Cardiac Receiving Center. Mountain Vista Medical Center is recognized as a Center of Distinction for wound care by Healogics, Inc., the nation’s largest provider of advanced wound care services.
Reporting to the hospital President with a dotted line to the company’s Regional Marketing Director for the Western Region, you will work in cooperation with Steward Health Care’s marketing and communications teams and be responsible for:
· Create strategic marketing plans that drive volume and revenue for priority service lines and key physicians.
· Implement integrated promotional plans, including digital, direct mail, collateral, events, etc.
· Manage hospital website, social media sites, and other external communication channels.
- Provide messaging and communications leadership, counsel and direction to a wide variety of constituents and internal clients, including executive communications for hospital senior leadership.
- Develop programs and host events to enhance relationships with physicians, in concert with administration, medical staff office, and Steward Health.
· Drive positive hospital coverage in local outlets, develop relationships with reporters and internal physicians and leaders, and pitch compelling and differentiated stories on hospital news, achievements and initiatives.
· Develop and implement strategy for elevating the reputation of the hospital and president in local media (including editorial board meetings, op-eds and hospital tours).
Crisis and Issues Management
· Maintain department emergency preparedness, by ensuring appropriate message templates and quick-response plans are in place and regularly tested.
· Professionally and swiftly respond to anticipated and unanticipated operational, medical and other issues, including coordination with Steward’s Chief Communications Officer and other relevant leaders.
- Oversee planning/implementation of the hospital’s community health program, designed to achieve effective hospital presence in the community and reach underserved segments of the population through community outreach to key offices and organizations.
- Maintain programs for community groups involving activities such as support groups, lectures, health fairs, programs for schools and seniors, funding, and liaison with key offices and organizations throughout the region.
What You Will Bring To Steward:
- At least 5-7 years of post-graduate work experience leading and executing integrated marketing and communications campaigns and initiatives for fast-moving, constantly changing, results-focused organizations, preferably in the health care industry.
- Hands-on experience building and protecting the reputation of a community-based business or organization in a high-visibility, competitive market setting.
- Adaptability and ability to engage with a wide variety of audiences, stakeholders and communities - inside and outside the organization
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills as well as project management skills
- Experience with Adobe desktop publishing program (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator and Microsoft Office)
- Demonstrated success in media relations and interacting with reporters in a positive and professional manner
Equal opportunity Employers; Minority/Women/Veterans/Disabled.
Job Reference #: 1900857