Location: Morton Hospital
Posted Date: 6/16/2020
Performs, under minimal supervision, routine and specialized testing on patient specimens to obtain information used in the diagnosis, treatment and prevention of disease.
- Performs testing on all specimens and ensures that results are accurate and complete.
- Works in a team environment to accomplish Laboratory goals.
- Possess knowledge of Medical Technology and answers inquiries from physicians and other health care professionals.
- May be required to mentor new employees and students
- Obtains and processes specimens for laboratory testing according to department/section policy and procedures. Verifies accuracy of test specimen before testing.
- Performs technical procedures as required by department or supervisor.
- Performs all testing in a timely manner as established by departmental policy and performs all tests with confidence.
- Inspects instruments and verifies that equipment is in proper working order before testing.
- Insures that test results correlate with each other and the patient’s clinical situation.
- Rechecks and reports to the supervisor all questionable results.
- Follows critical value procedure.
- Demonstrates proficiency in performing all computer tasks associated with job responsibilities.
- Performs scheduled maintenance to assure proper operation of equipment.
- Records the procedures performed.
- Performs quality control and quality assurance procedures and instrument checks correctly.
- Performs analytical and decision making functions with minimal supervision.
- Applies step-by-step problem solving and thinking patterns.
- Acts as charge person assigned to provide direction, support and technical ability to others
Management of Time and Resources:
- Completes work assignments within an acceptable time frame.
- Uses time and resources to the best possible advantage for successful completion of job responsibilities.
- Develops and maintains efficient working relationships.
- Is reliable in respect to attendance.
- Is Reliable in respect to punctuality.
- Recognizes the importance of team efforts and partners with others to achieve positive outcomes.
- Is part of a team effort to insure quality services.
- Offers creative solutions or alternatives to issues or concerns.
- Produces quality results.
- Continually strives to improve the quality of work.
Accepts responsibility for all work performed and takes appropriate corrective action as needed.