Are you looking for an exciting, professional career with a company that treats each individual with dignity and respect? We take pride in our work and organization knowing that we each make a difference in the lives of our patients every day!
Steward Medical Group at Hawthorn Medical Associates is looking for an enthusiastic, dedicated Medical Assistant/ Medical Secretary to assist our providers in the treatment of patients.
The successful candidate will:
- Demonstrate courteous, professional, and cooperative behavior towards patients, visitors, coworkers, and providers.
- Perform duties as a team member, integrating activities with fellow employees and providers.
- Courteously answer the phone, screen and triage calls appropriately. Receive messages, prescription refill requests and performs other telephone duties as required.
- Assist with patient care. In doing so, ensure the patient is properly prepared, verifies relevant information with patient and assures proper positioning. Assist the provider during any in-office procedures. Utilize aseptic techniques as necessary.
- Be knowledgeable regarding systems necessary to check patient reports/appointments and schedule appointments accurately and efficiently within established scheduling protocols. Effectively troubleshoot minor problems. Notify appropriate personnel of equipment malfunctions and repairs as needed.
- Perform injections as certified and permissible by law and in accordance with established protocols and procedures.
- Responsible for cleaning exam room(s) and maintaining equipment between patients and at the end of the day in accordance with established protocol; documents accordingly. Maintains a clean work area, prepares the equipment, patient room(s), and stock supplies.
- In a timely fashion, informs appropriate personnel when orders need to be placed.
- Execute paperwork as necessary for each patient including patient charts, and follow-up phone calls.
- Manage physician schedules by following up on patient no-shows, sending out reminder cards, and/ or providing telephone reminders for office visit in accordance with established protocol.
- Maintain effective working relations and communication with departmental and other Hawthorn Medical personnel as well as various community interactions as appropriate to the position.
- Remain flexible in all shift coverage and overtime situations as they become necessary.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Successful completion of a degree or certificate program in Medical Assisting.
- At least 2 years of relevant professional experience preferred.