Medical Laboratory Technician (part-time)
Under the general supervision of the Director of Laboratory Services and the direct supervision of a Medical Technologist Coordinator, the Medical Laboratory Technician provides clinical laboratory services to patients in accordance with accepted practices and Departmental and Hospital standards of care.
POSITION QUALIFICATIONS: Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
- Minimum of two years in an accredited college or one or more years of training in an accredited school for Medical Laboratory Technicians, or training in an approved military training program. Must be CLIA qualified for high complexity testing.
- Previous experience in hospital clinical laboratory preferred.
- Certification per unit specific competency (i.e. BLS, CPI, etc.).
The Medical Center of Southeast Texas is taking additional, necessary preparations to ensure patients can receive compassionate care in a safe, carefully managed environment – with confidence and without fear.
Our Safe and Ready program consists of a rigorous [five-point] standard ensuring patient safety, confidence and convenience:
- Expanded hours will allow previously cancelled procedures to be scheduled as quickly as possible.
- Any COVID-19 related care takes place in designated areas away from other patients and their families.
- Emergency Departments are reorganized to be a safe place to treat all emergency patients.
- A stringent cleaning policy has been implemented throughout the hospital.
- A strictly controlled visitor and masking policy is required for patient safety.
You can rest assured that we have made the necessary preparations to provide care in a safe, controlled and professional way.