Medical Records/Coding Supervisor- 40 hours, Days
Summary of Responsibility:
Responsible for overseeing all daily operations of H.I.M.department and personnel including coding, transcription, correspondence, coordination of Medical Records Committee meetings, budget preparation, and performance evaluations of staff.
Plans and organizes all operational functions for H.I.M. department including staffing and staff development, coding, transcription, coordination of Medical Records, purchasing, budgeting, regulatory compliance, productivity monitoring, quality, and customer service management.
- Knowledge of ICD-10-CM and ICD-10-PCS.
- Previous management/supervisor experience in Health Information Management including expertise in ICD-9-CM and CPT-4/HCPCS coding, HIPAA and other regulatory requirements
- CCS/RHIA preferred.
- Proficiency in basic computer programs such as Microsoft Word, Power point, Excel
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work collaboratively with physicians, administration, nurses and support staff
- Supervises and directs all activities of H.I.M. Department, including coding, transcription, release of information, record assembly, analysis, storage, retrieval, and processing physician charges. (E)
- Assures timely and accurate coding and record completion.
- Provides education to Medical Staff on coding, documentation, and PPS.
- Prepares departmental operating and capital budgets and yearly performance evaluations. (E)
- Coordinates and reports on results of on-going record review activities. (E)
- Prepares and submits departmental performance improvement studies. (E)
- Coordinates and prepares agenda and minutes for Medical Records Committee. (E)
- Provides data reporting for Ongoing Professional Practice Evaluation (OPPE) and Focused Professional Practice Evaluation (FPPE) functions, as well as quality reporting metrics from the Electronic Medical Record (EMR), including but not limited to History and Physical signing compliance, Discharge Summary Compliance, and Medical Records Delinquency.
- Provides data reporting and analytical support out of Meditech for the Hospital as needed by Leadership
1. Sitting 1-2 hours at a time with intermittent standing and walking.
2. Hand dexterity both left and right for simple grasping, pushing, pulling, fine manipulation.
3. Keyboard usage 4-6 hours per day.
4. Bending and reaching in file cabinets.
Works in a busy office with constant interruptions.
Variable temperature and humidity.
Long periods of time working on computer.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 3745