Steward Health Care System LLC ("Steward") is a fully integrated, physician-led national health care services organization committed to providing the highest quality of care in the most cost-efficient manner in the communities where our patients live. Steward - the largest privately held health care company in the U.S. - owns and operates 35 community hospitals across nine states, serves over 1,000 distinct communities and employs approximately 40,000 health care professionals. In addition to our hospitals, the Steward provider network includes 4,800 providers, 25 urgent care centers, 87 preferred skilled nursing facilities, substantial behavioral health offerings, over 7,300 hospital beds under management, and approximately 1.5 million full risk covered lives through the company's managed care and health insurance services.
Steward Medical Group (SMG), Inc. is Steward's multi-specialty group practice with over 4,500 employees including over 1,800 physicians and advanced practitioners. SMG operates approximately 450 practice locations throughout Massachusetts, Southern New Hampshire, Rhode Island, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Ohio, Florida, Utah, Arizona, Texas, Louisiana and Arkansas, and provides more than 4 million patient encounters per year.
To function as a member of the administrative team and complete all daily tasks to ensure smooth day to day operations in busy practice.
• Answers, triages, and routes telephone calls appropriately; takes messages, follows through with each message, ensuring that the appropriate physician/staff member and received the information. Provides routine information to callers
• Schedules patients' appointments and appropriate testing for patients as directed.
• Verifies information from patients including demographic and health insurance information
• Greets and registers patients as they arrive for appointments
• Verifies and updates insurance eligibility
• Collects copayments and reconciles copayment batches
• Prepares and sends no-show letters
• Faxes reports to Athena Clinicals. Monitors Athena Clinicals buckets and assigns reports to appropriate provider or employee.
• Opens and sorts mail
• Outreaches to patients to meet quality measure requirements
• Logs record requests and faxes to Sharecare for processing
Performs other duties as assigned
Process and complete referral authorizations to specialists using the various payer websites
• Education from approved medical administrative program or equivalent
• High School Diploma or equivalent
• 1 to 3 years of experience as a Medical Secretary
• Experience with electronic medical record strongly preferred (Athena a plus)
• Experience with Microsoft Office, Word, Excel and Outlook
• Excellent written and verbal skills and customer service
• Flexibility in hours as needed
• Knowledge of medical terminology