Medical Social Worker
The Social Worker is responsible for managing the social, emotional and financial wellbeing of patients needing the services of the Clinical Social Worker. The Social Worker is responsible for developing and executing the patient discharge plan, including coordination of the services required by the patient upon discharge. They are responsible for creating an initial appropriate assessment of the patient providing any psycho-social intervention as needed. The Social Worker will complete ongoing reassessments for assigned patients throughout their hospital stay, accept referrals from the outpatient areas and refer to community agencies as necessary. The Social Worker will provide education/consultation to the Nurse Managers and Nursing Staff to ensure achievement of quality patient outcomes.
Master in Social Work preferred
Experience (Type & Length):
- At least two years of case management and managed care experience.
- Two years' experience in the clinical setting. Experiences in developing and facilitating patient discharges from an acute care setting.
- Excellent assessment, diagnostic and crisis intervention skills
- Current Massachusetts license as LCSW, preferably LICSW or LICSW eligible.
- Certification in Case Management Preferred