Medical Technologist (Ascp) - Part time nights
Perform under minimal supervision, routine and specialized laboratory testing on patient specimens to obtain data for use in the diagnosis and treatment of disease.
Report directly to the section supervisor, core lab supervisor and/or section leader.
Bachelor degree in Medical Technology or equivalent bachelor degree, training, experience, and eligible for registry exam.
- TEAM WORK
- Involves other departments in project planning and implementation.
- Supports others in the department and provides help and assistance when possible.
- Regularly attends and participates in team and/or departmental meetings and activities.
- Keeps others in the department informed of relevant information.
- Regularly offers and requests constructive feedback and coaching.
- Establishes and maintains effective working relations.
- SERVICE EXCELLENCE (both internal and external)
- Welcomes patients/customers/employees in a warm, friendly manner.
- Actively listens and constructively responds to questions and concerns in a timely manner.
- Ensures that the dignity of the patient/customer/employee is maintained at all times.
- Abides by and upholds the hospital’s service excellence standards.
- Respects the diversity of the patient/customer/employee population.
- Demonstrates safe and effective use of equipment.
- Perform technical procedures as required by each specific department.
- Demonstrate proficiency in performing all computer-related activities required of the technical laboratory personnel.
- Obtain, process and prepare specimens for subsequent testing, as assigned.
- Record and report patient laboratory data.
- Perform quality control and quality assurance procedures as well as required instrument checks, record results for review.
- Perform scheduled equipment maintenance to assure proper operation, record the procedure performed.
- Participate in orientation and training of new employees as assigned by the supervisor.
- Adhere to safety and infection control policies and procedures.
- Establish and maintain a good rapport and cooperative attitude with coworkers, physicians, patients, visitors, and other Steward employees.
- Maintain patient confidentiality.
- Communicate with physicians and other medical staff as needed, to provide information regarding patient data, interpretation, and appropriateness of testing. Must show good judgment in determining when to refer such calls to the supervisor and pathologist.
- May function in a temporary capacity as supervisor (in-charge) as assigned by the supervisor.
- Participate in special projects as assigned by the supervisor.
- Coordinates with the supervisor in evaluating, implementing and revising policies, procedure and methodologies.
- Participate in continuing education activities and maintain C.E. documentation.
- Perform any other related duties as requested by the supervisor and/or as required by the department.
- Hours: Assigned by supervisor based on staffing patterns and as determined by the workload. Holiday and weekend rotations required.