Mental Health Counselor,#4673,32hrs,3PM-11:30PM
Mental Health Counselor in Psych
- Assists the RN / healthcare team in implementation of the Patient Plan of Care as a member of a multidisciplinary team.
- Provides patient care as directed by the RN.
- Assists with admission and discharge of patients with the supervision of the RN.
- Appropriately prioritizes patient care assignment (e.g., recognizes and responds appropriately to a crisis situation, and demonstrates understanding of a psychiatric emergency, and is able to maintain patient and unit safety).
- Reports to RN any changes in a patient's mental status (e.g., suicidal thoughts, psychotic symptoms) and/or physical status (e.g., pain level) in a timely manner.
- Provides back-up to Admissions Coordinator and documents accurate information on intake form. Reviews admission with RN.
- Manages patient meals on the unit and maintains a neat and clean kitchen and dining area. Addresses individual dietary needs of patients appropriately.
- High school graduate or GED.
- BCLS required.
- Experience or training in the mental health or medical field preferred.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 4673