Mental Health Tech - Psych Services - FT
Under the general supervision of the Clinical Director, Psychiatric Services, and the direct supervision of a licensed nurse, the Mental Health Technician is responsible for basic care, comfort, and safety of patients. The mental health technician establishes a therapeutic relationship with assigned patients and facilitates the maintenance of the therapeutic milieu on the unit. Demonstrates knowledge of the principles of growth and development over the life span a patient; possess the ability to identify each requirements relative to his or her age specific needs and to proved the care needed as described in the unit's policies and procedures skills check lists.
Experience, Education & Skills REQUIRED:
- High school graduate or equivalent .
- Certified as a Nursing Assistant in Texas accepted.
- Verification of current competency in basic cardio-pulmonary resuscitation.
- COAP within ninety (90) days.
- Previous experience in hospital psychiatric services preferred.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 1901219