Mgr Medical Informatics,8150,40 hrs -8A-4:30P
The Medical Informatics Manager, with expertise in both healthcare and information technology is integral to the delivery and management of patient care at Holy Family Hospital. Under the direction of the Director of Quality and Patient Safety, the MIM is responsible to manage and utilize data entered into the electronic medical record for the purpose of improving patient care. In addition, s/he must have strong communication skills and is typically responsible for
- Analyzing data to help facilitate decisions and actions
- Developing data-driven solutions to improve patient health
- Collaborating with other departments in the healthcare system to reduce expenses through strategic data analysis
- Designing and implementing tools to measure data, patient care effectiveness and processes
- Facilitating the communication and translation of regulatory and IT requirements between departments
Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree or equivalent education & experience in the position. At least 5 years of related experience. The role requires time prior to and after normal work hours on occasion to accommodate clinicians when they are available. The role requires transportation to travel to other Steward hospitals.
Required Knowledge & Skills: Deep knowledge of in-hospital workflows, knowledge of Meditech or a current electronic medical record system, ability to learn Athena and eCW, ability to manage people effectively, ability to work collaboratively with physicians and advanced care practitioners, domain expert in clinican workflow.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 8150