MHC 1, Adult Psych, #4650, PT 24 hrs/wk; 11:00pm-7:30am & EOW
Assists the RN / healthcare team in implementation of the Patient Plan of Care as a member of a multidisciplinary team.
- Attends appropriate team meetings for specialty track and assists with program development in specialty area.
- Participates in running therapeutic groups in area of specialty. Also leads community meetings, educational and social activities as per specialty training.
- Attends professional development programs at least once/year in area of specialty/training in order to remain current in same.
- Identifies ethical issues in care and reports them to the RN and demonstrates ability to report suspected patient abuse/neglect according to hospital policy.
- Reports to RN any changes in a patient's mental status (e.g., suicidal thoughts, psychotic symptoms) and/or physical status (e.g., pain level) in a timely manner.
- Assists patient as needed in the following areas: dressing, grooming, bathing, toileting, laundering clothes.
- Consistently assesses the milieu and need for staff intervention to maintain patient and unit safety.
- Is cognizant of the physical plant needs of the unit and reports to an RN any deficiencies or malfunctioning. Obtains supplies as directed.
- Provides back-up to Admissions Coordinator and documents accurate information on intake form.
- Reviews admission with RN.
- Manages patient meals on the unit and maintains a neat and clean kitchen and dining area. Addresses individual dietary needs of patients appropriately.
- Is competent in utilizing unit-related bio-medical equipment.
- Provides patient care as directed by the RN.
- Respects each patient as an individual; provides care that fosters the patient's sense of dignity and positive self-regard and uses the least restrictive approach to behavioral management.
- Assists with admission and discharge of patients with the supervision of the RN.
- Appropriately prioritizes patient care assignment (e.g., recognizes and responds appropriately to a crisis situation and demonstrates understanding of a psychiatric emergency and is able to maintain patient and unit safety).
- Provides thorough, timely, and accurate documentation of all pertinent data, according to established standards (e.g., "Problem-Intervention-Plan" format for progress notes and accuracy in vital sign documentation).
- Provides timely and thorough report on assigned patients to other health care team members to ensure integration of services, continuity of patient care and focus on treatment plan goals.
- Promotes learning for colleagues and self (e.g. assists in orientation of new staff).
- Proactively identifies risk to patient safety and identifies opportunities to reduce medical/health care errors in accordance with the CBM Safety Rounds competency and unit requirements.
- Experience or training in the mental health field preferred.
- BCLS certification.
Job Status: Part Time
Job Reference #: 4650