MRI Support,REQ 29739,Tue-Sat 7:30a-4:00p
Checks in MRI patients and or OP cardiology patients. Obtain all necessary information for pre registration according to hospital protocol. Assists patients and family members as needed. Pre screens MRI OP prior to the patient's arrival to HFH. Answers phones and directs calls to appropriate personnel. Assist MRI technologist with but not limited to, obtaining protocols from radiologist, changing patients, lifting patients, stocking rooms, checking expiration dates, disposal of dirty laundry. Rotate shifts to fit the needs of the department.
• Greets all patients in a friendly compassionate manner
• Obtain necessary personal and financial information for all patient types including preregistration and enter data accurately into Meditech Registration Desktop.
• Obtain signatures on all necessary legal permits, notices and consents.
• Communicate effectively with internal and external customers demonstrating the ability to understand patients' limitations and expectations.
• Load and operate printers, photo copiers and fax machine
• Verify insurances and determine patient balances due, using available tools such as, NEHEN, MHP, and EMDEON/WEBMD.
• Communicate effectively with supervisory staff when follow up is needed on all unresolved inquiries/problems
• Collection of co-pays and prior balances, ensuring 100% of co-pay eligible patients are interviewed during shift.
• Access, update and maintain all billing notes ensuring proper communication between registration and patient accounts.
• Research and navigate Meditech system in order to locate and correct appropriate missing insurance information ensuring proper verification
• Provides support and reassurance to patients. Answers patient's questions, demonstrating care and respect for patient's dignity and privacy.
• Monitors patient Waiting Room, making every effort to assist patients and families as necessary. Provides supportive and accurate information concerning patients' delays.
• Demonstrates flexibility in covering department during off hours, weekends, holiday and vacations. Willingly participates in Holiday Rotation. Readily covers department during sick calls and vacation time
• High School Diploma or equivalent required.
• Medical Terminology and good typing skills required.
• Previous medical transcription experience and PC based computer skills preferred.
• Good organizational, communication, and telephone skills required.