MRI Tech - Part-Time - Every Sunday
This is a Part-Time position working every Sunday from 8a-12p (4 hours every Sunday)
Operate the MRI scanner and related equipment. Provide optimum scan techniques for detailed images of all body parts. Good understanding of basic MR physics. Transfer computer information to laser imager and archive to optical /data system for storage.
Chief, MRI & Director, Imaging Services (All staff and supervisory technologists are accountable to the Radiologist for medical direction.)
ARRT Registry RT(MR) required;
Massachusetts Radiography (RT) License required;
Preferred current ARRT registered certification in Radiography with RT(R) designation
1. Produces high-quality, MR exams for interpretation.
2. Greets patients & reviews physician orders. Explains purpose and sequence of procedure to patient. Obtains a brief medical history.
3. Assists patient in preparation for exams to include: disrobing, transport and transfer to table, answering questions and relieving anxiety. 4. Administers intravenous contrast agents. Monitors patient for any adverse reactions and arranges for medical intervention if necessary. Adheres to safety and infection control policies.
5. Performs scans as prescribed by MD orders. Enters necessary data into computer console to activate and set scanning device; assists image and fine tunes for optimum quality, positions patient and ensures required immobility. Reviews completed images, repeats procedure upon order of the Radiologist, if desired quality has not been achieved. Monitors IV lines and patient condition throughout procedure.
6. Monitors equipment performance and operation; reports malfunctions and irregularities.
7. Prepares and stocks room; cleans area as needed. Ensures adequate stock.
8. Assists receptionist as needed. Copies films and maintain records and files.
9. Responds to emergency call as needed.
10. Performs other related duties as needed.
11. Demonstrates safe and effective use of equipment.