New Patient Coordinator
Steward Health Care System LLC ("Steward") is a fully integrated, physician-led national health care services organization committed to providing the highest quality of care in the most cost-efficient manner in the communities where out patents live.
Steward - the largest privately held health care company in the U.S. - owns and operations 35 community hospitals across nine states, serves over 1,000 distinct communities and employs approximately 40,000 health care professionals. In addition to our hospitals, the Steward provider network includes 4,800 providers, 25 urgent care centers, 87 preferred skilled nursing facilities, substantial behavioral health offerings, over 7,300 hospital beds under management, and approximately 1.5 million full risk covered lies through the company's managed care and health insurance services. The total number of paneled lives within Steward's integrated care network is projected to reach 3 million in 2018.
Steward Medical Group (SMG), Inc. is Steward's multi-specialty group practice with over 4,500 employees including over 1,800 physicians and advanced practitioners. SMG operates approximately 450 practice locations throughout Massachusetts, Southern New Hampshire, Rhode Island, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Ohio, Florida, Utah, Arizona, Texas, Louisiana and Arkansas, and provides more than 4 million patient encounters per year.
As a New Patient Coordinator, you will be the main point of contact in the office for all of our new patients and referring provider offices. Excellent customer service and communication skills are critical as well as understanding hematology, medical oncology and infusion services.
The candidate must possess the ability to independently prioritize referrals while maintaining a welcoming environment and ensuring the smooth operations for this important component of the practice.
- Coordinate all new patient referrals for hematology, medical oncology and infusion services
- Take all incoming phone calls and faxes for initial consults
- Answer new patient inquiries about the practice, clinical services and financial services
- Schedule new patient consultation appointments
- Assess new patient information and medical documentation, review with provider and gather any other documentation necessary for comprehensive consult including; medical records, laboratory results, scans and insurance information
- Ensures all patient and partner information is successfully documented in medical/clinical systems (both Athena Collector / Athena Clinicals)
- Serves as back up to other office administrative staff
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with patients, families, internal and external medical staff
- Exercise judgment and independent decision making skills regarding patient appointments and MD appointment availability
- Provides and maintains patient confidentiality
- Other duties as assigned
- High School Diploma required
- Associates Degree or Business School Diploma prefrerred
- Minimum two years medical administrative experience required
- Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to demonstrate good independent judgment and critical thinking skills required
- Ability to work as part of a multi disciplinary team
- Proficient computer skills
- Medical office, Hematology/Oncology and EMR experience preferred