Nuclear Med Tech (Reg)- NWH Nuclear Medicine- Per Diem
A career entry technologist who performs both vitro and invitro routine tasks under close supervision.
Reports to the Chief Nuclear Medicine Technologist & Director, Imaging Services (All staff and supervisory technologists are accountable to the Radiologist for medical direction.)
- Graduate from an approved school of Nuclear Medicine Technology.
- Massachusetts RT License
IV. PERFORMANCE CRITERIA
- TEAM WORK
- Is supportive of others and provides help and assistance when possible.
- Regularly attends and participates in team and/or department meetings and work activities.
- Keeps others informed.
- Regularly offers and requests constructive feedback and coaching.
- Establishes and maintains effective working relations.
- Rotates weekend and shift change duty as required. Assumes an appropriate share of on-call duty for emergency examinations. Adjusts schedule as necessary in view of fluctuation in workload
- Performs other related duties as assigned or directed and demonstrates flexibility in response to reassignments.
- Reports to work on time and returns promptly from breaks. Provides proper advance notification for vacation absence or tardiness.
- Observes hospital policies regarding smoking, telephone use, web mail and Internet usage, and other rules governing conduct in the workplace.
- Limits personal phone calls to urgent and emergency situations. Limits communication and activity during regularly scheduled shifts to business related
SERVICE EXCELLENCE (both internal and external)
- Welcomes patients and customers in a warm, friendly manner.
- Actively listens and constructively responds to questions and concerns in a timely manner.
- Ensures the dignity of patient /customer is maintained at all times.
- Maintains patient confidentiality (HIPPA Guidelines) at all times.
- Abides by and upholds Hospital Service Excellence Standards.
- Respects the diversity of the patient/customer population (i.e., ages and culture).
- Utilizes appropriate measures to prevent the transmission of infectious disease. Washes hands appropriately.
- Demonstrates knowledge of Growth and Development in patient interactions.
- Complete annual Mandatory Safety Fair via NetLearning.
- Dose calculation & administration:
- Monitor incoming packages of radionuclides. Departmental survey and swab monitoring, etc.
- Calibrates dose calibrator insuring ± 5% accuracy, prepares appropriate dosages, and performs quality control procedures.
- Calculates amount and volume of activity and administers the dose of radiopharmaceuticals to patients.
- Imaging Procedures:
- Maintains and calibrates all equipment and records same, sets-up imaging devices, receives and explains procedure to patients, assess the patient’s needs and condition, e.g., pregnancy, etc.
- Performs dynamic and static procedures, may consult with other staff professionals and checks the quality of scans.
- Schedules patients for examinations, assists in maintaining inventory and maintains work areas in clean and orderly condition
- Operates imaging equipment and related accessories, performs quality control procedures on all instruments, records status and results of instrument checks.
- Performs minor routine preventative maintenance on instrumentation. Also acquires computer-generated data and checks calibrates survey and monitoring devices against standards.
- Demonstrates safe and effective use of equipment.
- Non-imaging Procedures
- Operates all laboratory equipment, prepares solution and materials and serial dilution as required, performs venipuncture, counts specimen while maintaining quality control program. Also judges acceptability and decides on repetition
- Radiation Protection:
- Checks radionuclide shipments for contamination and performs tasks associated with receiving, processing, distributing and storing materials. Also disposes of radioactivity and maintains records.
- Using instrumentation, monitors personnel work areas. Reports excessive radiation to the Chief Technologist. ALARA – must be fully practiced
Job Status: On Call
Job Reference #: 6544