Location: Morton Hospital
Posted Date: 5/29/2020
Assists patients with activities of daily living, provides basic nursing care to non-acutely ill patients and assists in maintenance of a safe and clean environment under the direction and supervision of the Registered Nurse in charge of the team and/or unit.
- Communicate with the RN, any treatment results, observations, patient complaints, and other pertinent information regarding the condition of the patient.
- Demonstrates competence in providing patient care in accordance established policy and procedure of MHMC.
- Applies knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of the patient served i.e. infant, pediatric adolescent, adult and geriatric.
- Performs and reports patient care data accurately and according to policy and procedure MHMC.
- Works in collaboration with the interdisciplinary team to provide patient care.
- Assists in maintaining a healthy, clean and safe environment for the patient and staff.
- Demonstrates the ability to adapt to changes in the workload of patient and staff.
- Demonstrates the ability to perform in an accurate and precise manner in crisis and emergency situations when time is essential.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
- Is responsible for ongoing development of his/her work skills through the use of available resources (i.e.: in-services, formal educational programs, other work groups and on-the-job training.)
- Attends and participates in staff meetings and inservices and/or reviews documentation as required.
- Assists in the orientation of others and actively participates in mentoring
- Recognizes and seeks assistance/ consultation when appropriate.
- Demonstrates an understanding of relative Hospital and all-departmental policies and procedures including safety issues.
- Posses awareness of programs/ services provided by Hospital and where they are located