Nurse Manager -Endoscopy- 40 Hrs/Week- Day Shift
Responsible and accountable for coordinating and supervising the nursing care provided to patients having pre operative, Phase 2 recovery and in Endoscopy.
Ensure staff members provide safe patient care in the area managed.
Incorporate and assist staff members with assimilating evidence-based knowledge into decisions for the provision of safe patient care.
Assist staff members in evaluating practice and creating strategies for further improvements.
Ensure the educational resources are available for team education and hold staff members accountable for attendance.
Coordinate, facilitate and manage change within the health care organization.
Collect and analyze data related to performance improvement projects that apply to the area managed.
Facilitate or serve as a member of a multidisciplinary team in planning patient care.
Operationally and fiscally manage the department.
Evaluate staff member performance.
Interview for staff member selection.
Ensure that appropriate staff members, equipment and supplies are available.
Ensure staff member compliance with organizational policies, accreditation standard, governmental regulations and professional standards of care.
* - Graduate from an accredited school of Nursing. BSN
* - 3-5 years of experience in Endoscopy Unit and Same Day Surgery. 2 years of management experience
* - Current registered nursing license in the state of MA. ACLS, SGNA certification preferred
* - Meditech, Microsoft Office
* - Demonstrate effective communication, consultation, negotiation and collaboration skills with members of the perioperative team and other stakeholders
Must be able to demonstrate the following strengths:
* - Use effective conflict resolution techniques
* - Assess the political climate within the organization
* - Provide guidance, support and constructive feedback to Endo team
* - Exhibit professional, interpersonal and communication skills
* - Pursue professional growth and participate in a professional organization
* - Knowledge of project management principals
* - Maintain privacy of all appropriate information
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: I53266