Nurse Practitioner (APRN) SMG
Steward Health CareSystem LLC ("Steward") is a fully integrated, physician-led nationalhealth care services organization committed to providing the highestquality of care in the most cost-efficient manner in the communities where outpatents live. Steward - the largest privately held health care company inthe U.S. - owns and operations 35 community hospitals across nine states,serves over 1,000 distinct communities and employs approximately 40,000 healthcare professionals. In addition to our hospitals, the Steward providernetwork includes 4,800 providers, 25 urgent care centers, 87 preferred skillednursing facilities, substantial behavioral health offerings, over 7,300hospital beds under management, and approximately 1.5 million full risk coveredlies through the company's managed care and healthinsurance services. The total number of paneled lives withinSteward's integrated care network is projected to reach 3 million in 2018.
Steward Medical Group(SMG), Inc. is Steward's multi-specialty group practice with over 4,500employees including over 1,800 physicians and advanced practitioners. SMGoperates approximately 450 practice locations throughout Massachusetts,Southern New Hampshire, Rhode Island, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Ohio, Florida,Utah, Arizona, Texas, Louisiana and Arkansas, and provides more than 4 millionpatient encounters per year.
- Functions independently to perform age-appropriate history and physical for complex acute, critical, and chronically ill perioperative patients.
- Orders and interprets diagnostic and therapeutic tests relative to patient's age-specific needs.
- Prescribes appropriate pharmacologic and non-pharmacologic treatment modalities
- Implements interventions to support the patient to regain or maintain physiologic stability, including but not limited to serving in the first assisting role.
- Assists with the provision of surgical care in accordance with facility, state, and federal regulations.
- Monitors the effectiveness of interventions.
- Facilitates the patient's transition within and between health care settings, e.g. admitting, transferring, and discharging patients.
- Collaborates with multidisciplinary team members by making appropriate referrals.
- Facilitates staff, patient and family decision making by providing educational tools.
Standing, sitting, walking, speaking, listening, bending, reaching, pushing, pulling, lifting, grasping and manipulating tools, typing, using peripheral computer tools.
All positions subject to close without notice
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
Job Reference #: 1806124