Nurse Practitioner (Certified) - Full Time, Shift Varies
Responsible to Steward Health Care System for supporting the corporate mission, vision and values. Responsible to the Urgent Care and WorkMED Program for total patient care in collaboration with a licensed physician and in accordance with a written standard of care arrangement. Follows established nursing standards, procedures and practices and gives specific patient care directions to nursing and other staff.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND MAJOR DUTIES
- Performs job specific responsibilities after completion of system-wide, facility and/or unit specific orientation.
- Responsible for the clinical practice of nursing and advanced practice nursing.
- Coordinates care of the patient.
- Demonstrates leadership / organizational skills.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
The above statements reflect the general duties considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job as identified, and shall not be considered as a detailed description of all the work assignments that may be inherent in the job.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Master’s degree in Nursing – graduate of an accredited nurse practitioner program required. Must be family Nurse Practitioner.
LICENSURE, REGISTRATION AND/OR CERTIFICATION
ESSENTIAL KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
Knowledge of regulatory, legislative and JCAHO standards related to Nursing and Advanced Practice Nursing. Must be familiar with OSHA,