Nursing Assistant, 32 hours/week, 7-3:30
Summary of Responsibility:
The nursing assistant assists with patient care under the supervision of a licensed nurse, delivering quality patient care and utilizing resources in an effective and efficient manner. Assists with other activities which contribute to the smooth functioning of the nursing unit
1. Collaborates with the supervising nurse and health team members in implementing the plan of care and meeting patient goals.
2. Answer Patient Call Lights immediately or within 10 minutes
3. Assists patients with activities of daily living (ADL's) as delegated by supervising nurse.
4. Accurately obtain and reports vital signs, pulse oximetry, intake and output and weights.
5. Passive range of motion exercises.
- Reapplication of splints.
- Obtains non-invasive lab specimens.
- Performs preventative skin care including application of non-prescription topical preparations.
- Performs oral suctioning using the tonsil-tip catheter.
- Performs capillary blood sugars (CBS) and reports results appropriately.
- Places enteral feedings on hold before moving patients and resumes feedings once patient is positioned.
- Performs bladder scans.
- Empties ostomy appliances on patients with established ostomies.
- Maintains oxygen therapy.
- Assists with oxygenation of patients using bag-valve-mask
- Identifies spiritual, cultural, legal, and ethical aspects of care.
- Communicates patient information concisely and accurately
- Identifies and reports unusual events/occurrences to supervising nurse.
- Carries out other duties as delegated.
- High school diploma preferred.
- Successful completion Certified Nursing Assistant Training Program.
- Maintains CNA Certification. (*Exception: Nursing Assistants hired prior to 2005 must have certificate of training).
- Has Basic Life Support (BLS).
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 6813