Nursing Assistant Certified
Posted Date: 5/1/2019
- Collects, reports, and documents data: Vital signs, height and weight, intake and output, and collects specimens. Immediately notifies patient’s nurse or Charge RN of abnormalities.
- Assists with patient activities and care as assigned by the Charge RN as indicated by the patient’s plan of care.
- Provides for patients’ personal hygiene including: Baths, oral care, linen change, non-invasive and non-sterile treatments, skin care, assistance with elimination, care of incontinent patient, urinary catheter care, vaginal irrigations and cleansing enemas.
- Assists with feeding, documenting intake.
- Ambulates, positions/repositions patients with altered mobility.
- Completes treatments, interventions, tests, and procedures in timely and accurate manner.
- Notifies patient’s nurse or Charge RN of change in patient condition.
- Manages patient crisis appropriately.
- Provides emotional support to patients and significant others.
- Functions as advocate to patients and significant others.
- Establishes and maintains a therapeutic relationship with patients/significant others.
- Incorporates cultural/religious/psychosocial aspects of illness/hospitalization for patients/significant others into plan of care.
- Participates in Performance Improvement initiatives.
- Reports risk management and patient safety concerns to appropriate persons.
- Complies with the National Patient Safety Goals.
- Participates in full continuum of Core Measures.
- Serves as resource for unit functioning, i.e., equipment repairs, supplies, use of infrequently used equipment.
- Demonstrates flexibility with work assignments, willing to cross-train/float to other areas as needed.
- Assists in new employee orientation.
- Understands and utilizes the chain of command.
Must possess Basic Cardiac Life Support certification. Completion of formal training with certification as Certified Nursing Assistant required.
Job Status: On Call
Job Reference #: 4570