Nursing Assistant, part time, day and evening shifts
Location: New England Sinai Hospital
Posted Date: 1/8/2020
NEW ENGLAND SINAI HOSPITAL - Stoughton, MA
24 Hours/week (2 day shifts & 1 evening shift), every other weekend and holiday.
Summary of Responsibility:
- The nursing assistant assists with patient care under the supervision of a licensed nurse, delivering quality patient care and utilizing resources in an effective and efficient manner.
- Assists with other activities which contribute to the smooth functioning of the unit.
- Collaborates with the supervising nurse and health team members in implementing the plan of care and meeting patient goals
- Answer Patient Call Lights immediately or within 10 minutes
- Assists patients with activities of daily living (ADL's) as delegated by supervising nurse.
- Accurately obtains and reports vital signs, pulse oximetry, intake and output and weights.
- Passive range of motion exercises.
- Reapplication of splints.
- Obtains non-invasive lab specimens.
- Performs preventative skin care including application of non-prescription topical preparations.
- Performs oral suctioning using the tonsil-tip catheter.
- Performs capillary blood sugars (CBS) and reports results appropriately.
- Empties ostomy appliances on patients with established ostomies.
- Identifies spiritual, cultural, legal, and ethical aspects of care.
- Communicates patient information concisely and accurately
- Identifies and reports unusual events/occurrences to supervising nurse.
- Carries out other duties as delegated.
- High school diploma preferred or GED.
- Successful completion Certified Nursing Assistant Training Program.
- Maintains CNA Certification