Nursing Assistant - Stroke Unit - Full Time, Nights
Hillside Rehabilitation Hospital is a 69-bed medical rehabilitation hospital designed to treat the inpatient and outpatient needs of individuals who have experienced a disabling injury or illness. A physician-directed interdisciplinary team works with each patient and his or her family to provide an individualized rehabilitation treatment plan. Hillside’s inpatient rehabilitation program is accredited by both The Joint Commission and The Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities (CARF). It is the region’s first CARF-accredited Stroke Specialty Program. Hillside is nationally recognized as a Gold Level Fit-Friendly Worksite by the American Heart Association.
This Nursing Assistant position is a Full Time position. In this role you will work 3 twelve hour shifts per week (6pm-6:30am) and will work every other weekend and every other holiday.
- High school graduate or GED with related experience or training in Healthcare/Diversified Health Education.
- Special consideration will be given to applicants who are students in the health care field.
- Previous experience as a nurse assistant preferred.
- Requires one-three years’ experience on this or related jobs in a hospital or healthcare facility.
- Current registration by the state of Ohio as a State Tested Nursing Assistant by the Ohio Department of Health preferred.
- Certification in Healthcare Provider CPR by the American Heart Association preferred.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND MAJOR DUTIES
- Assists patients and families during the admission, discharge, and transfer process.
- Promotes the hospital’s rehabilitation concept by encouraging patients and families to achieve their maximum potential of function and self-sufficiency in all activities of daily living.
- Organizes, prioritizes, and manages time effectively in order to complete daily work.
- Observes and reports to appropriate personnel information concerning the patient’s status, plan of care, family concerns or requests, and other pertinent data.
- Takes initiative to request and participate in hospital in services and other programs or activities that promote personal growth and life-long learning and development.
- Maintains a clean and safe environment for patients, staff, and visitors.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
The above statements reflect the general duties considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job as identified and shall not be considered as a detailed description of all the work assignments that may be inherent in the job.