Occupational Therapist Full Time Days
Responsible to Trumbull Regional Medical Center for supporting the corporate mission, vision and values. Responsible to Rehabilitative Services for implementing Occupational Therapy programs and contributing to general departmental function. Responsible to the customer for courteous, accurate, timely service.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND MAJOR DUTIES
- Provides effective, quality OT treatments to all assigned patients.
- Communicates patient’s needs, progress and concerns through written documentation and verbal communication to interdisciplinary team members.
- Provides effective supervision to COTAs to ensure quality of patient treatment.
- Documents results of patient assessment/treatment according to Medical Records departmental policies and procedures.
- Supervises Occupational Therapy Aides as they assist with patient activities.
- Assists in scheduling and selected activities in the Occupational Therapy Department.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
The above statements reflects the general duties considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job as identified, and shall not be considered as a detailed description of all the work assignments that may be inherent in the job.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s degree in Occupational Therapy from a college or university program approved by the American Occupational Therapy Association required. Previous experience as an Occupational preferred. After orientation, up to one month’s experience on this job is required to perform essential functions and to handle emergency situations.
LICENSURE, REGISTRATION AND/OR CERTIFICATION
Current Ohio license as an Occupational Therapist the Ohio OT, PT, AT Board required. Certification in Basic Life Support by the American Heart Association or the American Red Cross required or obtain within three months of employment.
ESSENTIAL KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLSBroad knowledge in professional area and in Occupational Therapy.
Job Status: On Call
Job Reference #: 7051