Occupational Therapist - NE Sinai Geri Psych ; 40hr
OTR position opening at Saint Anne’s Hospital Geriatric Psychiatry Program-a 15 bed acute care unit serving clients who have psychiatric illness and/or neurocognitive disorders and multiple medical co-morbidities at NE Sinai Hospital Campus located in Stoughton, MA. Primary responsibilities include:
• Performing initial OT admission assessments
• Completing comprehensive evidence based OT assessment/evaluations
Evidence Based assessments frequently utilized to determine a client’s current functional skill level and provide recommendation for effective discharge planning the safest, least restrictive environment include; ACL Modified Placemat Test, FAST (Functional Assessment Staging Test), Clock Drawing Test, Geriatric Depression Scale, Hamilton Rating Scale for Anxiety, Modified BARTHEL Index Self Care Assessment, MoCA, Kohlman Evaluation of Living Skills, Lawton-Brody Instrumental Activities of Daily Living Scale and SLUMS
• Developing individualized client-centered Behavioral Intervention Plans and Care Tips & Strategies to promote successful transition to LTC setting(s)
• Active role as an interdisciplinary team member in morning rounds and treatment planning meetings
• Program development
• Provide supervision and display good leadership skill/ability to delegate appropriate responsibilities to COTA/L-as indicated.
• Provide Formal Dementia Care Training to program staff
• Attend and participate in committee meetings as assigned
I. Education: Bachelor or Master’s degree in Occupational Therapy
II. Experience (Type & Length):Occupational therapy experience with psychiatric population preferred
III. Certification/Licensure: License and/or eligible for Massachusetts licensure.
IV. Software/Hardware: Basic computer literacy.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 3873