Provide care to patients ranging in age from adolescence to geriatrics and must demonstrate a thorough knowledge of human growth and development and apply this knowledge in the assessment and treatment of patients throughout the life span.
- Provide treatment therapy to patients admitted to Psychiatry including the locked and unlocked units and other areas and including all functional levels, acuity, and special needs.
- Coordinate the Psych OT service for adolescents, adults and geri-psych patients for the in-patient and out-patient units.
- Ability to assess and treat all patients admitted to psychiatry both individually and in groups,
- Communicate effectively both verbally and in writing,
- Demonstrate clinical reasoning skills,
- Assume initiative for continued professional growth.
- Must possess a minimum of psychosocial clinical fieldwork experience.
- Must be able to work 2 weekends a month.
- Bachelors Degree or higher required.
- Graduate of accredited Occupational Therapy Program;
- Massachusetts O.T. license with current registration
- Certification by the American Occupational Therapy Association is required.
Job Status: On Call
Job Reference #: I51349