Office Coordinator - Outpatient Sports Medicine Clinic
JOB SUMMARY: Under the direction and close supervision of the Clinical Specialist or designated Therapist, the Rehab Assistant is responsible for assisting with the treatment of selected patients. The Rehab Assistant performs routine cleaning, maintains designated pieces of equipment re-stocks supplies and linen, and assists the Therapist with transfers and gait training as needed. Performs job duties consistent in keeping with SJMC Mission and values, and strives to work as a team member and consistently provides customer services.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Consistently supports and communicates the Mission, Vision and Values of St. Joseph Medical Center.
2. Follows the St. Joseph Medical Center Guidelines related to the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA), designed to prevent or detect unauthorized disclosure of Protected Health Information (PHI)
3. Promotes a culture of safety for patients and Associates through proper identification, proper reporting, documentation and prevention of medical errors in a non-punitive environment.
4. Initiates, composes and types often sensitive and detailed correspondence such as responses to request for information or regularly recurring reports from rough drafts, shorthand or machine dictation. Proofreads and edits final copy materials for accuracy, consistency and clarity.
5. Relieves superior(s) of routine administrative details where errors are likely to cause moderate costs. Such duties may involve taking and distributing minutes of meetings, preparing work orders, purchase orders or bills, processing time cards and so forth. Superiors are available to respond to questions or authorize exceptions.
6. Receives and screens visitors and telephone calls, and notifies appropriate personnel or records messages. Respond to detail inquires concerning department/unit activities and operations requiring full understanding of Hospital policies and procedures.
7. Establishes, maintains and revises record keeping and filing systems; classifies, sorts and files correspondence, records and other documents.
8. Operates standard office machine and equipment such as calculators, personal computers, photocopies and dictation transcription equipment.
9. Performs related general office duties such as monitoring and ordering standard office supplies, contacting service representative for department equipment and collating, assembling and distributing documents.
10. Maintains accurate and timely time sheets for the department by reconciling time sheets to reflect sick days, vacation days, holidays, etc. Submits time sheets to Payroll, upon obtaining the department Clinical Coordinator’s approval, within the established time frame.
11. Supportive of the compliance program set forth by SJMC and demonstrated by:
a. Upholds the Code of Ethics and Corporate Compliance.
b. Adheres to and helps to enforce all compliance policies relevant to his/her area.
c. Assures timely compliance education as requested by the Compliance Officer and/or through corporate initiatives.
12. Sets an example to all staff in their daily activities.
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Work requires a basic knowledge of reading, writing, and math in order to assist with treatments and perform general clerical duties.
Education & Training:
- High School Diploma, GED, or equivalent work experience is required.
- On-the-job training is provided once employed in the position.
- Technical, critical thinking, and interpersonal skills relevant to area in order to effectively communicate with physicians, health team members, patients and families.
- Ability to prioritize work with minimal supervision, in order to independently carry out the duties of the position.
- Able to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Additional languages preferred.
- Basic computer knowledge
- Ability to follow verbal and written instructions when preparing equipment for patient use and assisting with patient treatment, ability to perform basic mathematical calculations in order to maintain inventory records, interpersonal skills necessary in order to greet patients and exchange factual information.
Job Reference #: 1806562