Operations Coordinator, Psychiatry
Steward Health Care System LLC ("Steward") is a fully integrated, physician-led national health care services organization committed to providing the highest quality of care in the most cost-efficient manner in the communities where our patients live. Steward - the largest privately held health care company in the U.S. - owns and operates 35 community hospitals across nine states, serves over 1,000 distinct communities and employs approximately 40,000 health care professionals. In addition to our hospitals, the Steward provider network includes 4,800 providers, 25 urgent care centers, 87 preferred skilled nursing facilities, substantial behavioral health offerings, over 7,300 hospital beds under management, and approximately 1.5 million full risk covered lives through the company's managed care and health insurance services.
Steward Medical Group (SMG), Inc. is Steward's multi-specialty group practice with over 4,500 employees including over 1,800 physicians and advanced practitioners. SMG operates approximately 450 practice locations throughout Massachusetts, Southern New Hampshire, Rhode Island, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Ohio, Florida, Utah, Arizona, Texas, Louisiana and Arkansas, and provides more than 4 million patient encounters per year.
This position is responsible for assisting the Practice Manager and Director of Steward Medical Group with the daily operations of inpatient and outpatient psychiatry offices associated with SMG.
The Operations Coordinator will be located in Brighton, MA and primarily support the St. Elizabeth’s Medical Center (SEMC) and Carney Hospital (CAH) psychiatry departments.
• Works with the Practice Manager and Director regarding daily operations of all psychiatry offices at SEMC and CAH.
• Responsible for problem-solving and trouble shooting of daily operational occurrences within the practice plan.
• Acts as a primary resource for operational questions.
• Trains administrative staff on existing purchasing, A/R and payroll procedures and any new program or upgrades in a timely fashion. Oversees effective resource utilization along with cost control and containment.
• Responsible for all areas of professional billing for psychiatry including creating a system to reconcile billing and ensure billing timeliness.
• Responsible for creating a tracking system for all Hospitalist Provider licensures and ensuring updates for MA license, Mass Controlled Substance and DEA. Contacts Providers to renew licenses until completed. Sends primary source verification to Provider Enrollment and Medical Staff office as needed.
• Assists with New Providing On-boarding which includes: bring a primary contact with Physician Services, Provider Enrollment and the Medical Staff Offices, coordinating ,departmental and clinical orientations and ensuring new Providers have all the tools they need to be successful member of the Psychiatry team
• Participates in meetings as requested and takes minutes as requested by the Practice Manager or Director.
• Responsible for preparing progress/staff reports.
• Prepares ad-hoc reports as requested.
• Responsible for assisting in developing business plans.
• Responsible for project management as requested.
• Assists the Practice Manager in the development and maintenance of policies and procedures regarding office management through regular meetings with the site managers and staff. Participates in the evaluation of existing policies and procedures that affect the operational aspect of the SMG offices.
• Assists with processing all necessary documentation. Responsible for assisting in facilities' planning and design including: coordination with maintenance activities; supplies, orders equipment, orders furniture, assists in preparing job descriptions and forms design.
• Assists in coordinating and implementing the MedSafe program and assists in coordinating the Annual OSHA/Fire and Safety Training/Confidentiality Training of SMG employees.
• Must be able to work independently and problem solve with little to no supervision.
• Uses discretion at all times to ensure patient confidentiality and conforms to the Confidentiality Policy of SMG.
• Performs all other duties as requested.
• Bachelor's Degree in business concentration or equivalent work experience required.
• 2-4 years of health-care operations experience, preferably in a large group practice preferred.
• 2-4 years of referral/billing management experience preferred.
• Ability to work independently, analyze operational issues and to problem solve in creative and effective ways.
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills required.
• Word processing and spreadsheet experience preferred (i.e., Excel, Word).
• Strong operational skills required.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 8800