Outpatient Psychotherapist-Psychiatry-32 hrs/week-Day Shift-No Weekends
At Steward Health Care System, we are committed to improving the health of our communities by delivering exceptional, personalized behavioral health care with dignity, compassion, and respect. Our continued focus on the patient experience informs our caregivers in how to provide care that is respectful of and responsive to individual patient and family preferences, needs and values.
We dedicate ourselves in the communities we serve to delivering affordable health care to all and being responsible partners. No matter what your role, as a member of the Steward family, you are a specialist in the making every patient and family feel right at home, every co-worker a key to our success, and every referring practice, a team of prized colleagues.
In support of this, we commit ourselves to the following values:
If you are seeking a fast-paced, challenging position in an organization committed to achieving and maintaining a standard of excellence in all we do, our organization may be a good fit for you.
I. Position Function: Performs ongoing psychotherapy for patients in the outpatient psychiatry department. Conducts diagnostic evaluations. Provides clinical consultation and supervision, as needed.
II. Job Relationships: Administratively supervised by the Program Coordinator. Collaborates with psychiatry staff and consults with primary care and medical staff. Interacts with administrative staff in department and throughout health center.
III. Authority: Has authority to treat and diagnose patients in the psychiatry department.
IV.A. Responsibilities/Essential Functions:
1.) "Provides superior customer service to internal and external clients, customers,
and patients as referenced in the Service Excellence Standards."
1. Provides psychotherapy for patients in the psychiatry department.
2. Performs diagnostic assessments.
3. Participates in clinical and administrative meetings.
4. Refers patients for psychopharmacological evaluation and other services.
5. Advocates for patients.
6. Consults with other providers regarding patient care.
7. May supervise students, residents, and/or interns.
8. May provide crisis intervention.
B. Responsibilities/Non-Essential Functions:
Performs related duties as required.
V. Reporting Requirements:
1. Documents evaluations and ongoing care, including treatment planning, in psychiatry chart.
2. Completes daily patient encounter/billing forms.
3. Provides information regarding patient appointments to department secretary.
1. Accountable for adhering to professional and professional ethical standards.
2. Accountable for maintaining patient confidentiality.
3. Accountable for maintaining ongoing professional education.
Minimum Education: Ph.D. or Psy.D. in psychology, or LICSW
Minimum Experience: At Least 1-year experience as a Psychotherapist- LICSW, PsyD or PhD
Certification/Licensure: Massachusetts license
Important COVID message
Please note, St. Elizabeth's Medical Center is taking additional, necessary preparations to ensure patients can receive compassionate care in a safe, carefully managed environment - with confidence and without fear. Our Safe and Ready program consists of a rigorous [five-point] standard ensuring patient safety, confidence, and convenience: Expanded hours will allow previously cancelled procedures to be scheduled as quickly as possible. Any COVID-19 related care takes place in designated areas away from other patients and their families. Emergency Departments are reorganized to be a safe place to treat all emergency patients. A stringent cleaning policy has been implemented throughout the hospital. A strictly controlled visitor and masking policy is required for patient safety. You can rest assured that we have made the necessary preparations to provide care in a safe, controlled, and professional way.