Location: Steward Health Care
Posted Date: 4/1/2021
The PACS Administrator is responsible for all aspects of the Radiology and Cardiology PACS products, including day-to-day support of the systems, project oversight and integration of the PACS system operation with the Information Systems standards and policies. Day-to-day support includes monitoring the system’s interfaces, hardware, software and proactively addressing the issues. It includes problem isolation, resolution and escalation as well as all aspects of backup and recovery. This position will provide administrative responsibility for the system, system maintenance, updates and fixes. It includes system administration of all aspects of the system. Project oversight includes project planning, scheduling, reporting, budgeting, tracking, issue management and deliver of assigned projects. It includes vendor coordination, management and escalation.
- Oversee the operation of the PACS systems. Verifies that appropriate process has occurred (scheduled operations, backups, rebuilds archives, etc.)
- Monitors the systems interfaces to insure they are always functioning.
- Develops monitoring and downtime processes.
- Monitors the systems hardware, software and performance and proactively addresses all issues including storage space, system performance and archiving/backup and recovery.
- Position requires 24x7 support
- Provides system administration of all aspects of the system. This includes creating, updating and maintaining system tables, maintaining sign-on/passwords and granting access for users.
- Provides maintenance and upgrade support and responsibility for the system. This includes coordinating all system maintenance activities fixes, updates and new releases) and insures appropriate testing and implementation coordination.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
- Have a strong understanding of the Radiology and Cardiology departmental processes and workflow.
- Solid understanding of DICOM and HL-7 standards.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required
- Experience (Type & Length): Minimum of three years’ work experience in information technology preferred
- Other: An in-depth understanding of PACS product, assisting with system implementations, upgrades and maintenance activities preferred.