1. POSITION PURPOSE (Summary)
The Registered Nurse shall be responsible for planning, supervising and evaluating the nursing care of patients and for correlating the nursing process, the medical plan of care and policies.
2. POSITION QUALIFICATIONS
1. Current license in professional nursing from the Texas State Board of Nurse Examiners.
2. Current CPR certification or successful completion of Basic Life Support within 60 days of employment.
3. Current ACLS and PALS certification or successful completion of Advanced Cardiac Life Support and Pediatric Advanced Life Support within 60 days of employment.
4. Successfully completes the pre-hire medication examination.
5. Graduate of an accredited School of Professional Nursing.
6. Orientation is individualized based on the applicant’s needs.
1. Desirable characteristics include at least two years of experience in a hospital or medically related environment.
2. Must be able to demonstrate knowledge and skills to provide care appropriate to the age of patients served.
3. Must demonstrate knowledge of principles of growth and development over the life span and possess the ability to assess data reflective of the patient’s status and interpret appropriate information needed to identify each patient’s requirement relative to the patient’s needs and to provide care needed as described to in policy and procedures.
1. Current Texas Nursing License from the Texas State Board of Nurse Examiners.