Current schedule for this position is Saturday and Sunday with the possibility of additional hours if volumes are high.
Organizes and evaluates patient medical records. Reviews medical records for accuracy and completeness. Responsible for filing and retrieving medical records. Relies on instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job. Works under immediate supervision. Typically reports to a supervisor or manager. Requires a high school diploma or its equivalent and 0-2 years of related experience. Has knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures within a particular field.
Years of Related Experience:
- Minimum: 1-2
- Preferred: 2-4
- Education 1: High School Graduate/Equivalent
JOB REQUIREMENTS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Retrieves and verifies all medical records
- Chart Prep, Scan, and indexing.
- Quality control and Validation
- Operates and maintains various computers, scanners, printers, and office equipment
- Works regularly with medical records or reports, information on computer screens, and records that are restricted to specific persons; discretion and integrity are recognized requirements. Must comply with confidentiality policy.
- Ability to read and follow simple verbal or written instructions, and write legibly. Ability to perform basic math (add and subtract two digit numbers and multiply and divide by 10’s and 100’s) using units of measure for weight, volume and distance.
- Broad knowledge in health information services. Ability to correctly spell, file, working with the electronic medical record and type 30 words per minute. Knowledge of release of patient information regulations (HIPAA),
- Have Basic personal computer skills including electronic mail, word processing, basic spreadsheets and work with graphics. Previous user experience with health information systems required for the position to include hospital mainframe, electronic record, chart tracking and deficiency and release of information.
- Medium Heavy: Lifting 36 to 50 pounds occasionally, and/or 15 to 25 pounds frequently, and/or 10 pounds constantly. Knowledge of proper body mechanics is essential. Occasional climbing, crawling, crouching, kneeling, twisting and reaching forward or overhead. Frequent forward bending and keyboard data entry.
Steward Health Care is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. Steward Health Care does not discriminate on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression or any other non-job-related characteristic.