Patient Access Coordinator - Southern NE Surgery Center Attleboro - Temporary Position
Please be advised that this position is temporary and based on the current operational needs of the Steward Health Care/ Saint Anne's Hospital. Therefore, the duration of this position is subject to the discretion of Steward Health Care/ Saint Anne's Hospital based on such operational needs.
According to established policies and procedures, the medical Secretary is responsible for scheduling, referral management, check-out, telephone triage, and general office functions. Depending upon location, may also be responsible for patient reception/registration. Refer to Receptionist Job Description if applicable. Performs in accordance with the facility's policies and procedures. Follows the facility's standards for ethical business conduct. Conducts self as a positive role model and team member. Participates in facility committees, meetings, in-services, and activities.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Courteously answers the phone, screens and triages calls appropriately. Receives messages, prescription refill requests and performs other telephone duties as required.
2. Demonstrates courteous, professional, and cooperative behavior towards patients, visitors, coworkers, and providers.
3. Performs duties as a team member, integrating activities with fellow employees and providers.
4. Schedules appointments accurately and efficiently within established scheduling protocols.
5. Coordinates mail processing for office to include: receipt of record releases, copying of records, mailing of records / correspondence, and responding to other general office requests via mail.
6. Manages physician schedules by following up on patient no-shows, sending out reminder cards, and/ or providing telephone reminders for office visit in accordance with established protocol.
7. Reports the use of supplies for reordering and maintains practice so that it is always neat and clean.
8. Performs other duties as assigned.
High school diploma or equivalent. At least 2 years of prior medical secretary or medical office experience.
Job Status: Contract/Temporary
Job Reference #: 31250