Patient Advocate - Bariatrics/Bridges Center - Full Time
The primary role of the Bariatric Patient Advocate is to assist patients in meeting their insurance and clinical requirements to speed time to surgery. Their goal is to increase surgery volumes by decreasing time to surgery while maximizing satisfaction.
- Act as a contact person for all patient questions and concerns.
- Attend informational seminars.
- Executes correspondence of all insurance verification forms and initiates communication with insurance company to verify patient benefits.
- Responsible to manage patient pipeline on behalf of hospital and practice.
- Track patient status, labs and diagnostic tests, and insurance requirements in tracking system.
Skills and Abilities Required:
- Interpersonal skills to effectively and accurately communicate with patients
- Organizational skills to accurately keep track of patient status
- Time management and multi-tasking capability to monitor numerous patients simultaneously
- Ability to function as part of a team and promote teamwork
- Ability to think analytically to correctly interpret insurance policy requirements
- Motivated to assist patients in fulfilling their requirements to surgery
- Compassion to put the patient first
Minimum Education and Training Required:
- Experience with medical terminology, ICD, and CPT coding
- 1-3 years working with insurance companies and obtaining authorizations
- Practical knowledge of computers and computer systems
Preferred Education and Training:
- Associates or Bachelors degree
- Experience in bariatrics (surgical weight loss program)
- Experience working in a medical clinic setting
Equal Opportunity Employers; Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled