Patient Care Assistant (CNA), Med Surg
Shift: Full Time, 3rd Shift 7p-7a
Under supervision and direction of the Clinical Nurse and according to established procedures, provides routine service duties, technical and nursing procedures necessary to provide for care, comfort and safety of patients. Performs tasks, assists patients with personal hygiene and meals and ambulates patients according to specific procedures. Maintains patient and unit environment in a clean and orderly condition. Utilizes basic knowledge of age related differences in delivering patient care. Promotes the therapeutic milieu and the efficiency of the healthcare team by providing assistance with activities of daily living, unless the patient needs are such that adverse health consequences are predictable and by assisting in the provision of a safe and clean environment.
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Current Nurse’s Aide Certification (CNA).
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Technical, clerical, interpersonal skills relevant to patient care/area.
- Current American Heart Association Basic Life Support certification required.
- Other certification requirements as defined by the certification policy.
- Able to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing.
- Must possess the skills and knowledge necessary to provide a safe environment for all patients in high stress environments.
- Must be comfortable working with patients and family members during the dying process.
- Must be comfortable working with all patients regardless of age, sex, religious affiliation or any other protected category.
- Must possess the ability to effectively and professionally communicate with other members of the health care team.
- Bi or Multilingual.
- At least one year of experience as a personal care attendant in a long term care
- facility or home health care agency is preferred.
Employee Benefits Include:
- Health, Vision and Dental
- Low cost parking
- Loan repayment assistance
- Tuition reimbursement
- Annual Employee Wellness Check
- Up to 20% Employee Discount - Gift Shop, Onsite Cafe and Cafeteria
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER MINORITIES / WOMEN / VETERANS / DISABLED