- Prepares operating and capital budget, meets or is under expense targets and where applicable, revenue projections.
- Conserves organizational resources by maximizing asset utilization and developing and implementing cost saving measures.
- Manages and utilizes personnel effectively to achieve proper staffing and optimum resource management.
- Monitors turnover, overtime and absenteeism.
- Focuses staff on efficient and effective problem solving approaches.
- Insures follow-up activities are planned and executed.
Decision Making/Critical Thinking
- Identifies problems, gathers information, selects course of action, makes timely decisions and notifies all parties involved.
- Fosters staff involvement in the department by delegating responsibility appropriately.
- Maintains control over areas of responsibility and monitors progress of delegated work.
Creativity and Initiative
- Initiates change by generating ideas and solutions.
- Shows enthusiasm and acceptance of new approaches.
Planning and Development
- Establishes long and short term plans to meet future needs.
- Monitors, plans and adheres to schedule.
- Sets goals that are attainable, measurable, realistic and are congruent with the hospitals and Steward Healthcare System’s
- Includes staff in department goal setting.
- Leads by example.
- Fosters pride, collaboration and commitment among members of Morton Hospital and Steward Health Care and the community that it serves.
- Honors team values and agreements.
- Practices and engenders a superior customer service philosophy among staff.
- Supports Performance Improvement Process and encourages committee participation by staff.
- Participates in and manages performance improvement initiative in own and other areas.
- Upholds the mission and philosophy of Morton Hospital and Steward Healthcare
- Maintains clinical competencies and strives to keep current with new technology and concepts in area of responsibility.
- Maintains competencies necessary to provide direct care or service to the age of patients served in assigned service area.
- Completes annual mandatory education requirements and participates in appropriate hospital management training and development workshops.
- Encourages cooperation and teamwork in accomplishing results.
- Completes performance evaluations in a timely manner
- Actively seeks and acts on ways to improve team effectiveness.
- Provides training and development for employees to support professional and personal growth, enhance job performance and improve operational effectiveness
- Communicates specific responsibilities and performance standards to each employee.
- Provides positive and constructive feedback based on employee’s performance and develops a plan of action as needed.
- Holds staff meetings at least once per month and makes meeting minutes available to staff.
- Is available/accessible to staff.
- Ensures that all staff have attended required education programs and includes staff in department goal setting.
- Responses timely to all grievances providing opportunity for personal feedback from employee and union representative relative to any alleged contract violation with a goal toward positive resolution and commitment to comply with all expectations as outlined in the applicable collective bargaining agreement.
- Selects appropriate form of communication to convey information.
- Creates an atmosphere in which clear and timely information flows between self and others and interdepartmentally.
- Maintains positive attitude and fosters effective relationships within own and other departments.
- Adheres to hospital policies and procedures and identifies how policies and procedures can be modified to improve/strengthen organizational performance.
- Review, develop, and implement departmental policies and procedures
- Monitors all processes to insure that all compliance and regulatory standards are met.
- Fosters and maintains a safe working environment.
Management of Time and Resources
- Completes work assignments within an acceptable time frame.
- Uses time and resources to the best possible advantage for successful completion of job responsibilities.
- Develops and maintains efficient working relationships.
- Is reliable in respect to attendance and punctuality.
- Recognizes the importance of team efforts and partners with others to achieve positive outcomes.
- Is part of a team effort to insure quality services.
- Offers creative solutions or alternatives to issues or concerns.
- Produces quality results.
- Continually strives to improve the quality of work.
Accepts responsibility for all work performed and takes appropriate corrective action as needed.