Location: Morton Hospital
Posted Date: 6/11/2020
To provide a safe and comfortable environment for those patients at risk of harming themselves or others.
- Provide rounds / observation for one (1) to three (3) patients requiring observation for safety, section twelve (12), falls, on the same unit and/or the Emergency Department.
- Provide one to one observation on suicidal patients and others as assigned
- Perform patient assistance with ambulation and mobilization activities safely, including but not limited to assisting patients out of and returning to bed/chair primarily for bathroom privileges.
- Assist with patient repositioning to provide maximum comfort and safety.
- Assist in preparing patient and meal tray for patients as directed by RN. Does not feed patients.
- Recognize patient emergency situations and respond in an appropriate manner.
- Provide assistance to licensed staff in the application and release of various restraints.
- Acquire pertinent patient information from licensed staff. Communicate patient information and needs to licensed staff and other team members, including alarms.
- Document on appropriate Handoff Communication Tool in a clear, concise, complete, accurate and legible manner.
- Maintain infection prevention standards during all activities.
- Follow hospital policies including, but not limited to bed/chair exit alarms, emergency preparedness, fall prevention and safe patient handling
Management of Time and Resources:
- Completes work assignments within an acceptable time frame.
- Uses time and resources to the best possible advantage for successful completion of job responsibilities.
- Develops and maintains efficient working relationships.
- Is reliable in respect to attendance and punctuality.
- Recognizes the importance of team efforts and partners with others to achieve positive outcomes.
- Is part of a team effort to insure quality services.
- Offers creative solutions or alternatives to issues or concerns.
- Produces quality results.
- Continually strives to improve the quality of work.
- Accepts responsibility for all work performed and takes appropriate corrective action as needed.