Patient Sitter - FT Nights
Job Summary: Responsible to constantly observe that the patient remains unharmed in the established area
• Keeps the patient in sight at all times..
• Stays with patient even when the patient has visitors or company.
• Interacts as appropriate to the patient's condition and choice, under the direction of RN/LPN.
• Ensures that patient care issues are directed to the nurse..
• Alerts the nurse of any patient request to leave the room for any reason.
• Maintains all patient information as Confidential.
• Remains in assigned area for relief time unless arranged with the nurse in charge.
• Does not attempt to stop the patient and immediately informs the RN/LPN in the event that the patient
unexpectedly attempts to leave the established area.
• Informs the department manager of the assigned unit of hours worked so that hours can be changed to
that nursing unit.
• Calls for immediate assistance for any unexpected patient activity
• Follows prescribed safety rules and regulations.
Able to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 6908