Periopperative Information Service Associate (PISA) Part Time Relief
We are currently recruiting for a Perioperative Information Systems Assistant (PISA) for Trumbull Regional Medical Center/Elm Road Medical Park.
This position is responsible to Trumbull Regional Medical Center for supporting the corporate mission, vision and values. Responsible to Nursing Services for supporting the philosophy and providing high quality, comprehensive patient care. Responsible to the customer for courteous, accurate, timely service.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND MAJOR DUTIES
- Performs all skills on the Perioperative Information Systems Assistant equipment/skills checklist as assigned.
- Interviews patients or their representatives for demographic and insurance information for the purpose of registration and scheduling. Scans insurance cards, performs time of service collections, enters postoperative data and charges as assigned.
- Performs daily charge reconciliation. Utilizes Mediclick for billing as well as ordering.
- Provides reports out of Surginet as requested.
- Utilizes Cerner computer system appropriately in Perioperative area.
- Under direction of Registered Nurse, maintains patient records, schedules procedures and maintains medical necessity unit supplies cost effectively.
- Operates communication equipment: multi-lined telephones, computer, fax and departmental intercom system if applicable.
- Performs other related duties such as Super User as assigned.
The above statements reflect the general duties considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job as identified and shall not be considered as a detailed description of all the work assignments that may be inherent in the job.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
High school graduate or GED with vocational or clinical training. After orientation, up to six month’s experience on this job is required to perform essential functions. Previous experience as a medical assistant preferred. Surginet scheduling proficiency is strongly preferred or must show proficiency within 30 days. Experience working in Mediclick and AHIQA preferred.
LICENSURE, REGISTRATION AND/OR CERTIFICATION
None required for this position.
ESSENTIAL KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
Ability to correctly spell, file, and knowledge of medical terminology.
Job Status: Part Time
Job Reference #: 5559