Pharmacy Tech II Certified Part Time Primary Afternoons with rotating weekends/holidays
Responsible to Trumbull Regional Medical Center for supporting the corporate mission, vision and values. Responsible to Pharmacy for storage, preparation, collecting data and delivery of medications for patient care areas. Responsible to the customer for courteous, accurate, timely service.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND MAJOR DUTIES
- Prepares medications and Intravenous admixtures pursuant to legal regulations and departmental policy and procedure (including chemotherapy, total parenteral nutrition, controlled drug infusions, & other complex parenteral products).
- Receives, checks and stores incoming shipments of medications, hazardous medications, IV solutions, and supplies.
- Performs various functions on pharmacy information systems as assigned.
- Collects statistics and other information as assigned.
- Restocks automated dispensing devices (e.g., Pyxis) accurately and efficiently and maintains all necessary accountability records for controlled substances (including processing of waste and return bins
- Transports medications, IV solutions, supplies, physician orders, etc. between patient care areas and the
- Pharmacy Department as assigned (including ancillary and off-site locations .) Assists in the orientation of employees and students.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
The above statements reflects the general duties considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job as identified, and shall not be considered as a detailed description of all the work assignments that may be inherent in the job.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
High school graduate or GED required. Completion of ASHP/ACPE accredited Pharmacy Technician training program preferred. After orientation, up to 3 month’s experience on this job is required to perform essential functions.
LICENSURE, REGISTRATION AND/OR CERTIFICATION
Registration as a Certified Pharmacy Technician issued by the State of Ohio Board of Pharmacy and a valid Ohio Driver’s License and proof of current insurance is required.
ESSENTIAL KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
Broad knowledge in professional area and in pharmacy. Knowledge of regulatory, legislative and standards related to pharmacy, hazardous materials, and bloodborne pathogens.
Job Status: Part Time
Job Reference #: 11404